Saturday 8 July 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gertrude Niesen and Ken Farnes.
Dante's Inferno, directed by Francesco Bertolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Broad Highway by Jeffrey Farnol was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1911!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1911 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Gertrude Niesen: New York, United States -- Actress (Start Cheering).
- Ken Farnes: English cricketer (d. 1941).
- Nan Aspinwall is 1st woman to make solo transcont trip by horse
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1911 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Two Little Love Bees - Reinald Werrenrath & Elizabeth Wheeler
- Sophie Tucker - Some of These Days
- My Beautiful Lady - Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- The Smiler - Vess Ossman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?