Saturday 29 July 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 29, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Archbishop Iakovos of America and Jan Cikker.
A Doll's House, directed by George Schaefer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 July 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1911!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1911 ?
- Jan Cikker: Composer.
- Archbishop Iakovos of America: Turkish-born Primate of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of North and South America (d. 2005).
- Max Wolf: Brazilian Army sergeant, a member of the Brazilian Expeditionary Force who fought in Italy in World War II.
- Walter Lohmann: Germany sport Champion.
- Foster Furcolo: American lawyer and politician 60th Governor of Massachusetts (d. 1995).
- Iakovos: Archbishop Iakovos of America (d. 2005).
- Boston Red Sox Joe Wood no-hits Saint Louis Browns, 5-0.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- It's Got to be Someone I Love - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt
- Let Me Live and Stay in Dixieland - Charles King & Elizabeth Brice
- Gene Greene - King of the Bungaloos