Thursday 20 July 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William Dillard and Mireille Balin.
The Accident, directed by Christopher Lawrence Chapman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 July 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1911!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1911 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- William Dillard: Trumpeter / singer.
- Mireille Balin: Monaco-born film actress and fashion model, she was an internationally popular star of French films in the 1930s; she retired in the mid-1940s.
- Baqa Jilani: Indian cricketer (d. 1941).
- José Zabala-Santos: Filipino author and illustrator (d. 1985).
- Generals Henry Wilson / Auguste Dubail sign plan for British Expeditionary army in case of war with Germany
- Boston Red Sox Smokey Joe Wood no-hits Saint Louis Browns, 5-0.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Mary - Elizabeth Wheeler & Haydn Quartet
- Any Little Girl, That's a Nice Girl is the Right Little Girl for Me - Ada Jones