Monday 17 July 1911US date format: 7/17/1911, UK date format: 17/7/1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 17, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ginger Rogers and John Lautner.
A Doll's House, directed by George Schaefer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 July 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1911!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1911 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- John Lautner: Architect.
- Ginger Rogers: Actress.
- Ted Anderson: English footballer (d. 1979).
- Lionel Ferbos: American trumpet player (d. 2014).
- Heinz Lehmann: German-Canadian psychiatrist and academic (d. 1999).
- Overthrown shah of Persia Mohammed Ali lands on Astrabad with army
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Mary - Elizabeth Wheeler & Haydn Quartet
- Any Little Girl, That's a Nice Girl is the Right Little Girl for Me - Ada Jones