Monday 17 July 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ted Anderson and Lionel Ferbos.
Dante's Inferno, directed by Francesco Bertolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Winning of Barbara Worth by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1911!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1911 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Ted Anderson: English footballer (d. 1979).
- Lionel Ferbos: American trumpet player (d. 2014).
- Heinz Lehmann: German-Canadian psychiatrist and academic (d. 1999).
- Overthrown shah of Persia Mohammed Ali lands on Astrabad with army
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- That's Why I Never Married - Billy Murray
- Sharpshooters' March - Guido Deiro
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?