May 1910 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in May 1910.
The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on May 1910: find out below
Which were the important events of May 1910?
- 04 May 1910 Canadian parliament accept creation of Royal Canadian Navy.
- 06 May 1910 King George V ascends to British throne.
- 07 May 1910 35th Preakness: R Estep aboard Layminster wins in 1:40.6.
- 10 May 1910 36th Kentucky Derby: Fred Herbert aboard Donau wins in 2:06.4.
- 11 May 1910 US President William Taft signs a bill into law establishing Glacier National Park, the nation's 10th national park.
- 12 May 1910 2nd NAACP conference (NYC)
- 14 May 1910 Canada authorizes issuing of silver dollar coins.
- 16 May 1910 US Bureau of Mines forms.
- 17 May 1910 Canada sets the designs for the 1- through 50-cent coins.
- 18 May 1910 The earth passes through the tail of Comet Halley.
- 19 May 1910 Cleveland Indian Cy Young gets his 500th win, beats Washington 5-4 in 11 innings.
- 30 May 1910 44th Belmont Stakes: James Butwell aboard Sweep wins in 2:22.
- 31 May 1910 Cape of Good Hope becomes part of the Union of South Africa.
Indian homicide; the assassin of Mahatma...
American jazz clarinetist, composer, and...
- See more
VII of the United Kingdom (Born 1841).
dies at age 68.
dies at age 85.
- See more
Which were the top hits in May 1910?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - That Mesmerizing Mendelssohn Tune
- Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet) - By the Light of the Silvery Moon
- Arthur Clough - Daisies Won't Tell
- John McCormack - Killarney
- Bert Williams - The Mississippi Stoker