Sunday 1 May 1910
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 1, 1910). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Allen Hynek and Maurice Noble.
The Tenderfoot, directed by Ray Enright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 May 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 1 May 1910 ?
- Saint James the Less.
- Saint Sigismund of Burgundy.
- Saint Florine
- Saint Augustin Schoeffer
- Saint Theodulf.
- Saint Andeol.
- Czech Republic - "National Love Day" ? couples tend to flock to the memorial of the poet Karel Hynek M�cha in Prague and kiss.
- Festival of Matsu in Taiwan and various locales along the southern coast of China (2005).
- Malta - L-Ewwel ta Mejju, Malta, Jum il-haddiem (Worker's Day).
- United States - Law Day, U.S.A., Loyalty Day.
- Roman Empire - fourth and last day of the Floralia in honour of Flora.
- Roman Empire - all-female festival in honour of Bona Dea.
- Saint Joseph the Worker (also known as Saint Joseph's Day).
- Maharashtra Divas (Maharashtra Day) in the state of Maharastra, India. On May 1, 1960, Maharashtra came into existence when Bombay State was split into the new linguistic states of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Beltane, L� Bealtaine, the first day of Summer in modern Ireland was celebrated by the Celts, and is now also celebrated by Neopagans and Wiccans.
- May crowning - Unofficial ritual ceremony usually happening in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Lei Day - Hawaiian holiday for the Lei.
- Saint Jeremiah.
- May Day, Labour Day, Workers' Day, Day of the International Solidarity of Workers.
- Italy - national holiday (Giorno dei Lavoratori).
- Joseph Allen Hynek
- Maurice Noble
- Dr J Allen Hynek: Astronomer/astro-physicist; noted UFO investigator (d. 1986).
- Clifford Battles: American pro football player and coach inducted into the Football Hall of Fame in 1968.
- Behice Boran: Turkish sociologist and politician (d. 1987).
- Al Lewis: Actor.
- Dirk Flentrop: Dutch organ builder (d. 2003).
- J Hynek: American astronomer and ufologist (d. 1986).
- Raya Dunayevskaya: Ukrainian-American philosopher and activist (d. 1987).
- Cliff Battles Akron Ohio: NFL hall of famer (Braves, Washington Redskins).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Daisies Won't Tell - Arthur Clough
- By the Light of the Silvery Moon - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- That Mesmerizing Mendelssohn Tune - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan