Monday 16 May 1910
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Olga Berggolts and Aleksandr Ivanovich Laktionov.
The Tenderfoot, directed by Ray Enright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 May 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1910!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1910 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Aleksandr Ivanovich Laktionov: Russian painter (d. 1972).
- Olga Berggolts: Russian poet (d. 1975).
- Robert Courtine: French food writer, who also wrote under the pen names "La Reynière" and "Savarin".
- Horacio Rivero: The first Puerto Rican and Hispanic four-star Admiral, and second Hispanic to become a full Admiral in the modern United States Navy.
- Olga Bergholz: Russian poet and author (d. 1975).
- Higashifushimi Kunihide: Japanese monk and educator (d. 2014).
- Aleksandr Laktionov: Russian painter and educator (d. 1972).
- Henri E Cross [Delacroix] French painter: dies at age 53.
- US Bureau of Mines forms.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1910 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Put on Your Old Gray Bonnet - Byron G. Harlan
- The Cubanola Glide - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan