Tuesday 3 May 1910
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alceo Galliera and Crox Alvarado.
Jane Eyre, directed by Theodore Marston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1910 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Alceo Galliera: composer.
- Crox Alvarado: Film actor, wrestler, cartoonist and writer from Costa Rica who worked in Mexico during the so called Golden Age of Mexican cinema.
- Doris Gibson Parra del Riego: Peruvian magazine writer and publisher.
- François Kervéadou: French Catholic clergyman, who was Bishop of Saint-Brieuc and Tréguier from 6 March 1961 to 2 October 1976.
- Mathis Jeune: Lyon 2?me physician.
- Norman Corwin: American screenwriter and producer (d. 2011)
- Artie Shaw: American jazz musician, a clarinetist, ever associated with his 1938 recording of "Begin the Beguine" that made him a star.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 May 1910
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- That Mesmerizing Mendelssohn Tune - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- By the Light of the Silvery Moon - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- Daisies Won't Tell - Arthur Clough
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?