Saturday 14 May 1910
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include André Bontems and Ne Win.
Jane Eyre, directed by Theodore Marston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1910!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1910 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- André Bontems: French Catholic priest, who served as Bishop of Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne from 1960 to 1985, of Tarentaise from 1961 to 1985, archbishop of Chambéry, and Bishop of Maurienne and Tarentaise from 1966 to 1985.
- Ne Win: Prime Minister of Burma (1958-60 1962-74); head of state (1962-81) (d. 2002).
- Canada authorizes issuing of silver dollar coins.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1910 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Has Anybody Here Seen Kelly? - Nora Bayes
- Il Trovatore - Miserere (I Have Sighed to Rest Me) - Enrico Caruso & Frances Alda
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?