Tuesday 24 May 1910
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 24, 1910). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jimmy Demaret and Franz Kline.
Midsummer Night's Dream, directed by Sir Peter Hall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 May 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1910!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1910 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Jimmy Demaret: American golfer (Born 1910).
- Franz Kline: Artist.
- Artie Shaw: Musician.
- Nils-Eric Fougstedt: composer.
- Margaret Wise Brown: Writer.
- Pierre Jamet: French photographer and tenor singer, a member of the vocal quartet Les Quatre Barbus.
- Pierre Julitte: Chevannes Military man.
- Andr? Meltz: Vagney Military man.
- Margers Zarins: composer.