October 1912 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in October 1912.
The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on October 1912: find out below
Which were the important events of October 1912?
- 06 Oct 1912 Pirates Owen Chief Wilson hits record 36th triple of season
- 07 Oct 1912 The Helsinki Stock Exchange sees its first transaction.
- 08 Oct 1912 First Balkan War begins: Montenegro declares war against Turkey.
- 14 Oct 1912 Bull Moose Teddy Roosevelt shot while campaigning in Milwaukee.
- 16 Oct 1912 Boston beats New York Giants, 4 games to 3 with a tie in 9th World Series.
- 17 Oct 1912 Bulgaria, Greece and Serbia declare war on the Ottoman Empire, joining Montenegro in the First Balkan War.
- 18 Oct 1912 Beginning of the first Balkan War.
- 19 Oct 1912 Italy takes possession of Tripoli, Libya from the Ottoman Empire.
- 20 Oct 1912 Cort Theater opens at 148 W 48th St, New York City
- 21 Oct 1912 During the First Balkan War, Kardzhali is liberated by Bulgarian forces
- 23 Oct 1912 First Balkan War: The Battle of Kumanovo between the Serbian and Ottoman armies begins.
- 24 Oct 1912 First Balkan War: The Battle of Kumanovo concludes with the Serbian victory.
- 26 Oct 1912 Woolwich Tunnel under Thames opens
65-year-old, found dead, after only 33...
American astrologer, Director of New...
- See more
Which were the top hits in October 1912?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Henry Burr & Albert Campbell - Sweetheart Sue
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - Oh! You Circus Day
- American Quartet - When You're Away
- Heidelberg Quintet - Way Down South
- Ada Jones & Peerless Quartet - Whistle It