Wednesday 16 October 1912
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lotti Huber and Clifford Hansen.
From the Manger to the Cross; or, Jesus of Nazareth, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Winning of Barbara Worth by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1912!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1912 ?
- Lotti Huber: German actress and dancer, she appeared in German films until the year of her death.
- Clifford Hansen: American rancher and politician 26th Governor of Wyoming (d. 2009).
- Karl Ristikivi: Estonian author and poet (d. 1977).
- Boston beats New York Giants, 4 games to 3 with a tie in 9th World Series.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Way Down South - Heidelberg Quintet
- Whistle It - Ada Jones & Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?