Monday 21 October 1912
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georg Solti and Sir Georg Solti.
The Cameraman's Revenge, directed by Ladislas Starevich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 October 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1912!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1912 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Georg Solti: Hungarian-English conductor and director (d. 1997).
- Carlos Don Byas: US jazz saxophonist.
- Sir Georg Solti: Hungarian conductor (d. 1997).
- Alfredo Pian: Argentine racing driver (d. 1990).
- Don Byas: American saxophonist and educator (d. 1972).
- Alfredo Pián: Argentinian race car driver (d. 1990).
- During the First Balkan War, Kardzhali is liberated by Bulgarian forces
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- John McCormack - The Rosary
- The Ragtime Jockey Man - Maurice Burkhardt & Peerless Quartet
- Goodbye, Everybody - Walter Van Brunt