Tuesday 1 October 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kathleen Ollerenshaw .
No Trespassing, directed by Bobby Bragg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 October 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1912!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1912 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Kathleen Ollerenshaw: English mathematician, educator and researcher, politiican and world traveler, she became deaf in 1921 at age 8 from a viral infection.
- Yanks lose game #100 en route to a 50-102 season
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When You're Away - American Quartet
- Oh! You Circus Day - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Sweetheart Sue - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell