Tuesday 1 October 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 1, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kathleen Ollerenshaw .
No Trespassing, directed by Bobby Bragg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 October 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1912!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1912 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Kathleen Ollerenshaw: English mathematician, educator and researcher, politiican and world traveler, she became deaf in 1921 at age 8 from a viral infection.
- Yanks lose game #100 en route to a 50-102 season
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When You're Away - American Quartet
- Oh! You Circus Day - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Sweetheart Sue - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell