Sunday 13 October 1912
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hugo David Weisgall and André Lagarde.
From the Manger to the Cross; or, Jesus of Nazareth, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while A Hoosier Chronicle by Meredith Nicholson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1912!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1912 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Hugo David Weisgall: Ivancice Moravia, Czech Republic -- Composer (4 Impressions).
- André Lagarde: French professor and historian of literature.
- Roger Wybot: French military officer, specializing in intelligence information.
- Cornel Wilde: Slovak-American actor director producer and screenwriter (d. 1989).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Way Down South - Heidelberg Quintet
- Whistle It - Ada Jones & Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?