Tuesday 8 October 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 8, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frances Sakoian and John W Gardner.
No Trespassing, directed by Bobby Bragg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 October 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1912!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1912 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Frances Sakoian: American astrologer, Director of New England School of Astrology and former President of the New England Astrological Association in 1981.
- John W Gardner
- John W. Gardner: Educator.
- Felix Franco-Oppenheimer: Puerto Rican poet, essayist, literary critic and university professor.
- John Gardner: American public service employee, founder and head of the "citizen action" organization Common Cause, who had a long and distinguished public service career that included serving as U.S.
- Herv? Roy: Ch?teauneuf/Loire Military man.
- Wilhelm Kuhe: Composer, dies at 88.
- First Balkan War begins: Montenegro declares war against Turkey.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Whistle It - Ada Jones & Peerless Quartet
- Way Down South - Heidelberg Quintet