Tuesday 8 October 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frances Sakoian and John W Gardner.
Mama, directed by Andrés Muschietti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 October 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1912!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1912 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Frances Sakoian: American astrologer, Director of New England School of Astrology and former President of the New England Astrological Association in 1981.
- John W Gardner
- Felix Franco-Oppenheimer: Puerto Rican poet, essayist, literary critic and university professor.
- John Gardner: American public service employee, founder and head of the "citizen action" organization Common Cause, who had a long and distinguished public service career that included serving as U.S.
- Herv? Roy: Ch?teauneuf/Loire Military man.
- Wilhelm Kuhe: Composer, dies at 88.
- First Balkan War begins: Montenegro declares war against Turkey.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Whistle It - Ada Jones & Peerless Quartet
- Way Down South - Heidelberg Quintet