Monday 1 April 1935
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Strauss' Great Waltz, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1935!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1935 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Larry McDonald: American physician and politician (d. 1983).
- Christel Schoeder: German psychologist and expert in self hypnosis, a remedial educator, esoteric student of Th.
- Hans H Boswinkel: Actor / director (Surprise Attack, Tutorials in Love).
- 1st radio tube made of metal announced, Schenectady, New York
- First radio tube made of metal announced, Schenectady, New York.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?