Saturday 6 April 1935
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Strauss' Great Waltz, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1935!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1935 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Fred Bongusto: Italian light music singer and songwriter who was very popular in the 1960s and 1970s.
- Douglas Hill: Canadian-born science fiction writer (d. 2007).
- Duke of: Montrose.
- John Pepper Clark: Nigeria -- Writer (Horn, Song of a Goat).
- Daniel Vernay: French graduate from the École Polytechnique and astrologer who founded an astrology school before distancing himself from the astrological circle.
- H Levitt sinks 499 basketball free throws, misses and sinks 371 more.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?