Sunday 14 April 1935
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joan Darling in Boston and Erich von Daniken.
'G' Men, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1935!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1935 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Joan Darling in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; actress (Frieda - Owen Marshall).
- Erich von Daniken: Swiss writer.
- Loretta Lynn in Butcher's Hollow: Kentucky, USA; country singer ("Coal Miner's Daughter").
- Erich Däniken: Swiss author who elaborated a thesis that the earth was visited by space travelers who seeded the planet for its evolution.
- Didi Pergo: Italian stage, film and TV actress.
- Susan Cunliffe-Lister: Baroness Masham of Ilton English table tennis player swimmer and politician
- John Oliver: English bishop
- Erich von Däniken: Swiss historian and author
- Amalie Emmy Noether: German mathematician (Born 1882).
- Sandstorm ravages US midwest (Dust Bowl)
- ''Black Sunday Storm'', the worst dust storm of the U.S. Dust Bowl.
- Dust Bowl: The great dust storm, made famous by Woody Guthrie in his quotdust bowl balladsquot, hits eastern New Mexico and Colorado, and western Oklahoma the hardest.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?