Sunday 14 April 1935
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
'G' Men, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1935!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1935 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Didi Pergo: Italian stage, film and TV actress.
- Erich von Daniken: Swiss writer.
- Loretta Lynn in Butcher's Hollow: Kentucky, USA; country singer ("Coal Miner's Daughter").
- Susan Cunliffe-Lister: Baroness Masham of Ilton English table tennis player swimmer and politician.
- John Oliver: English bishop.
- Erich von Däniken: Swiss historian and author
- Erich Däniken: Swiss author who elaborated a thesis that the earth was visited by space travelers who seeded the planet for its evolution. He wrote three international best-sellers, "Chariots of the Gods," 1968, "Gods From Outer Space," and "The Gold of the Gods." His books have enthralled millions of readers in 32 countries. He traveled thousands of miles and took countless photos to support his theory that ancient astronauts visited the earth 40,000 years ago.
- Joan Darling in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; actress (Frieda - Owen Marshall).
- Amalie Emmy Noether: German mathematician (Born 1882).
- Sandstorm ravages US midwest (Dust Bowl)
- ''Black Sunday Storm'', the worst dust storm of the U.S. Dust Bowl.
- Dust Bowl: The great dust storm, made famous by Woody Guthrie in his quotdust bowl balladsquot, hits eastern New Mexico and Colorado, and western Oklahoma the hardest.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 April 1935 and get them!