Tuesday 16 April 1935
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Bride of Frankenstein, directed by James Whale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1935!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1935 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Dominique Venner: French historian, journalist and essayist.
- Marcel Carrière: Canadian director and screenwriter.
- Sarah Kirsch: German poet and author (d. 2013).
- Lennart Risberg: Swedish boxer (d. 2013).
- Steffi Sidney: American actress (d. 2010).
- Bobby Vinton in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; singer (Roses are Red, Blue on Blue).
- Haskell "Cool Papa" Sadler: Blues singer / guitarist
- Bobby Vinton: American pop music singer of Polish and Lithuanian ethnic background. In pop music circles, he became known as "The Polish Prince of Poch", as his music pays tribute to his Polish heritage. Known for his angelic vocals in love songs, his most popular song, "Blue Velvet" (a cover of Tony Bennett's 1951 song), peaked at No. 1 on the now renamed Billboard Pop Singles Chart. It also served as inspiration for the film of the same name.
- 1st radio broadcast of Fibber McGee & Molly
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?