Monday 1 December 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to To Know Him, Is To Love Him by The Teddy Bears.
In UK It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards was in the top 5 hits.
Auntie Mame, directed by Morton DaCosta, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1958!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1958 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Charlene Tilton in San Diego: California, USA; actress (Lucy Ewing - Dallas).
- Timothy Cahill: American politician and kidney donor.
- Candace Bushnell: American writer and journalist, she is the author of "Sex and the City," a book which was turned into a popular cable television series that began in 1998 and starred Sarah Jessica Parker.
- Alberto Cova: Italian athlete, field and track, Gold Medal winner in Los Angeles Olympics at the men's 10,000 meter race in 1984.
- Bruno Rebelle: French politician, veterinarian, former number two of the organization Greenpeace International .
- Charlene Tilton: TV Actress
- Javier Aguirre: Mexican footballer and manager
- Lisa Fischer: American singer-songwriter
- Gary Peters: American lieutenant and politician
- Flower Drum Song opens at St. James Theater NYC for 602 performances
- Central African Republic made autonomous member of Fr Comm (National Day)
- The Central African Republic becomes independent from France.
- The Our Lady of the Angels School fire in Chicago, Illinois, kills 92 children and three nuns.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
- The Everly Brothers - Problems
- Elvis Presley - I Got Stung
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?