Tuesday 3 November 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dennis Miller in Pittsburgh and Kate Capshaw.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Kiss Me Kate, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Motorola Television Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1953!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1953 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- Dennis Miller in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; comedian/TV host (Saturday Night Live, The Dennis Miller Show).
- Kate Capshaw: American actress in TV and films.
- Rebecca Gilling: Australian sexy model and actress who started her TV career on "Number 96.
- Helios Creed: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Chrome).
- Larry Herndon: American baseball player and coach.
- Dennis Miller: American comedian actor producer and talk show host
- Vilma Santos: Filipino actress and politician
- 1939 sacrifice fly rule restored: no time at bat for sac fly
- 1st live color coast-to-coast telecast (NYC)
- First live color coast-to-coast telecast (New York City).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?