Sunday 1 February 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Suds, directed by Jack Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1920!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1920 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Pierre D'Oriola: French Olympic athlete, an equestrian, who took home Olympic gold medals for show jumping in 1952 and again in 1964.
- Mike Scarry: American football player and coach (d. 2012).
- Pierre Jonquieres: France sport Champion.
- Kenneth Bond: former vice-chairman.
- 1st commercial armored car introduced (St Paul Minn)
- Soccer team Quick Boys forms.
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police forms as Royal Northwest Mounted Police merge with Dominion Police.
- The Royal Canadian Mounted Police begins operations.
- Carter Glass ends his term as Treasury Secretary.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Tell Me - Al Jolson
- You'd be Surprised - Irving Kaufman
- Invitation to the Waltz - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- That Naughty Waltz - Eddy Brown
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?