Tuesday 1 January 1974
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Time In A Bottle by Jim Croce.
Don't Look Now, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Honorary Consul by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1974!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1974 ?
- Hamilton Ricard: Colombian footballer.
- Eva Birthistle: Irish actress.
- Zabine : Austrian musician, singer and actress, from 1991 - 1994 member of the band.
- Jonah Peretti: Entrepreneur.
- Kenichi Ebina: Dancer.
- Jessica Van Dyke: American noted family, the granddaughter of actor Dick Van Dyke who was first child born at Memorial Hospital in 1974.
- Christian Paradis: Canadian lawyer and politician 9th Canadian Minister of Industry
- Johnie Church: NFL defensive end (Seattle Seahawks).
- World Population Year begins
- Lee MacPhail takes over as American League president, succeeding Joe Cronin.
- NBC radio begins on-the-hour news 24 hours a day (following CBS lead).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boy's Room
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- Barry White - Never, Never Gonna Give Ya Up
- Stevie Wonder - Living For The City
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Charlie Rich - The Most Beautiful Girl
- Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- Helen Reddy - Leave Me Alone (Ruby Red Dress)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 January 1974 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?