Tuesday 1 January 1974
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Time In A Bottle by Jim Croce.
Don't Look Now, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Honorary Consul by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1974!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1974 ?
- Hamilton Ricard: Colombian footballer.
- Eva Birthistle: Irish actress.
- Zabine : Austrian musician, singer and actress, from 1991 - 1994 member of the band.
- Jonah Peretti: Entrepreneur.
- Kenichi Ebina: Dancer.
- Jessica Van Dyke: American noted family, the granddaughter of actor Dick Van Dyke who was first child born at Memorial Hospital in 1974.
- Christian Paradis: Canadian lawyer and politician 9th Canadian Minister of Industry
- Johnie Church: NFL defensive end (Seattle Seahawks).
- World Population Year begins
- Lee MacPhail takes over as American League president, succeeding Joe Cronin.
- NBC radio begins on-the-hour news 24 hours a day (following CBS lead).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Helen Reddy - Leave Me Alone (Ruby Red Dress)
- Charlie Rich - The Most Beautiful Girl
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boy's Room
- Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- Barry White - Never, Never Gonna Give Ya Up
- Stevie Wonder - Living For The City
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?