Friday 1 January 1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Commandos Strike at Dawn, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1943 ?
- Ron Perelman: American businessman and millionaire, one of the wealthiest men in America.
- Don Novello [Father Guido Sarducci] in Ashtabula: Ohio, USA; comedian (Saturday Night Live).
- Jerilyn Britz in Minneapolis: Minnesota, USA; LPGA golfer (1979 US Women's Open).
- Bud Hollowell: American baseball player and manager (d. 2014).
- Raghunath Mashelkar: Indian rheologist and engineer.
- Ronald Perelman: American businessman and philanthropist founded MacAndrews & Forbes
- Tony Knowles: American soldier and politician 7th Governor of Alaska
- Vladimir Šeks: Croatian lawyer and politician 16th Speaker of the Croatian Parliament
- Don Novello: American comedian, best known his character Father Guido Sarducci.
- Larry Clark: American director
- Raghunath Anant Mashelkar: Indian scientist
- Mary Ashley: American scholar and consultant for ABC television to provide research for 20/20 specials and a few papers on Napoleonic history. Ashley has a degree in history with an emphasis on Napoleonic and military history, plus three more years of additional studies on Napoleon.
- Count Claus von Stauffenberg promoted to Lieutenant Colonel
- Negro League star Josh Gibson suffers a nervous breakdown
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 January 1943 and get them!