Friday 1 January 1943, NewYear’s Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Don Novello [Father Guido Sarducci] in Ashtabula and Jerilyn Britz in Minneapolis.
Commandos Strike at Dawn, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1943 ?
- Don Novello [Father Guido Sarducci] in Ashtabula: Ohio, USA; comedian (Saturday Night Live).
- Jerilyn Britz in Minneapolis: Minnesota, USA; LPGA golfer (1979 US Women's Open).
- Larry Clark: American director.
- Raghunath Anant Mashelkar: Indian scientist.
- Mary Ashley: American scholar and consultant for ABC television to provide research for 20/20 specials and a few papers on Napoleonic history.
- Don Novello: American comedian, best known his character Father Guido Sarducci.
- Ron Perelman: American businessman and millionaire, one of the wealthiest men in America. He is the CEO of MacAdnrews and Forbes, a holding company for such diverse companies as Revlon, Marvel Entertainment, and Consolidated Cigar Corporation.
- Bud Hollowell: American baseball player and manager (d. 2014)
- Raghunath Mashelkar: Indian rheologist and engineer
- Ronald Perelman: American businessman and philanthropist founded MacAndrews & Forbes
- Tony Knowles: American soldier and politician 7th Governor of Alaska
- Vladimir Šeks: Croatian lawyer and politician 16th Speaker of the Croatian Parliament
- Count Claus von Stauffenberg promoted to Lieutenant Colonel
- Negro League star Josh Gibson suffers a nervous breakdown
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?