Wednesday 6 January 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Shadow of a Doubt, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1943 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Osvaldo Soriano: Writer.
- Paul James Nunn: Mountaineer.
- Hak Han: South Korean wife of Sun Myung Moon.
- Terry Venables: British soccer player / manager.
- Bob Wade: American artist nicknamed "Daddy-O" because of his slicked back hair, ’51 Ford hot rod and El Paso style.
- Hak Ja Han: Korean church leader
- Luciano Virgilio: Italian theater actor. He was married to Paola Gassman in 1967 and had one daughter with her named Simona. They were divorced in 1973.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 January 1943 and get them!