Thursday 1 January 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Man Who Came to Dinner, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1942 ?
- Bruno Arcari: Italian World Jr-Welterweight boxing champion 1970-74.
- Martin Frost American politician (Representative-Democrat-Texas: 1971-).
- Country Joe McDonald in California: USA; rock guitarist/vocalist (Country Joe and the Fish).
- Gennadi Vassilyevich: Sarafanov in USSR; cosmonaut (Soyuz 15).
- Al Hunt: American reporter and news anchor.
- Alassane Ouattara: Ivorian economist and politician President of the Ivory Coast
- Anthony Hamilton-Smith: 3rd Baron Colwyn English dentist and politician
- Dennis Archer: American lawyer and politician 67th Mayor of Detroit
- Gennadi Sarafanov: Russian colonel pilot and astronaut (d. 2005)
- George Couroupos: Composer
- Judy Stone: Australian pop singer
- Jaroslav Jezek: Composer, dies at 35.
- US and 25 other countries sign a united declaration against the Axis
- The Declaration by the United Nations is signed by twenty-six nations.
- Rose Bowl played in North Carolina due to Japanese threat-Oregon 20, Duke 16.
- In Washington, D.C., representatives of 26 countries sign the Declaration of United Nations.
- Japanese forces enter Manila in the Philippines.
- WWII: United States and Philippines troops fight the Battle of Bataan.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?