Friday 2 February 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sari Krooks and Ventson Donelson.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Green Tambourine by The Lemon Pipers.
In UK Hello Goodbye by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Planet of the Apes, directed by Franklin J. Schaffner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Zirkus meines Lebens.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1968!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1968 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Sari Krooks: Ice hockey right wing (Finland, Olympics - 1998).
- Ventson Donelson: Canadian Football League cornerback (Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Steve Henson: NBA guard (Detroit Pistons).
- Scott Erickson in Long Beach: California, USA; pitcher (Minnesota Twins, Baltimore Orioles).
- Paul McKenzie: Australian Finn class yachter (Olympics-1996).
- Thomas Teige: German martial artist, actor and record holder
- Scott Erickson: American pro baseball pitcher who has pitched in two Division Series games, three Championship Series games and one World Series game. After attending college in Arizona, Erickson was selected by the New York Yankees in the 36th round of free-agent draft pick 6/02/1986, not signing with them nor with the next two organizations in 1987. He finally signed with the Minnesota Twins organization 6/05/1989. He was placed on the disabled list for some months in 1991, 1993 and 1994.
- Sean Elliott: American basketball player: forward, Spurs
- Simon Wickham-Smith: British musician, translator, academic and astrologer. He first came to the attention of the experimental music underground with the release of 'Lake,' a collaboration with Richard Youngs. Wickham-Smith is also an occasional member of the Helsinki Computer Orchestra. He is a member of the Association of Professional Astrologers and, since 1998 has been researching the astrology of transgender and intersex people. Also a student of the Tibetan and Mongolian languages, he has translated into Engli
- Springer Publishers in West Berlin bombed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
- Classics IV - Spooky
- The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me
- Union Gap - Woman, Woman
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- The Human Beinz - Nobody But Me
- Goin' Out Of My Head/Can't Take My Eyes Off You (Medley) - The Lettermen
- The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?