Monday 12 February 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Todd Fanning in Saskatoon and Chynna Phillips in Los Angeles.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu) by Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra.
In UK The Mighty Quinn by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Five Million Years to Earth, directed by Roy Ward Baker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 1968!
Which were the important events of 12 February 1968 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
- Todd Fanning in Saskatoon: Saskatchewan, Canada; golfer (Manitoba Amateur-1984, 1990, 1991, 1992).
- Chynna Phillips in Los Angeles: California, USA; singer (Wilson Phillips - "Hold On").
- Gregory Charles: Canadian singer, dancer, pianist, radio and television host.
- Josh Brolin: American actor and noted family member, he is the dark and handsome son of actor James Brolin and former casting agent Jane Agee.
- Chynna Phillips: American singer and noted family, the daughter of John and Michelle Phillips of "The Mamas and the Papas.
- Daphné Roulier: French journalist and television and radio presenter.
- Christopher McCandless: American nomad, subject of biography Into the Wild (d. 1992)
- Phong Nhi and Phong Nhat massacre.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
- Classics IV - Spooky
- The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Goin' Out Of My Head/Can't Take My Eyes Off You (Medley) - The Lettermen
- The Human Beinz - Nobody But Me
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart - I Wonder What She's Doing Tonite
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?