Sunday 2 March 1952
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Laraine Newman in Los Angeles and John Altman.
Rancho Notorious, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Death Valley Days.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 1952!
Which were the important events of 2 March 1952 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Laraine Newman in Los Angeles: California, USA; comedienne/actress (Saturday Night Live).
- John Altman: British actor of film and TV, starting from 1975, with his strongest series being "EastEnders" from February 1985.
- Deedee Mack: American singer and dancer who made a European tour for a year with the Tina Turner troupe in 1978.
- Laraine Newman: American actress and comedienne who studied with Marcel Marceau for one year, then moved to Los Angeles to do improv.
- Mark Evanier: American author and screenwriter.
- Marlene Hagge wins LPGA Sarasota Golf Open.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?