Wednesday 11 October 1967
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bruce Dickson and Charles Ogletree.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to The Letter by The Box Tops.
In UK Massachusetts by The Bee Gees was in the top 5 hits.
Far from the Madding Crowd, directed by John Schlesinger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while Night Falls On The City by Sarah Gainham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der Vater und sein Sohn.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1967!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1967 ?
- Bruce Dickson: CFL linebacker (Edmonton Eskimos).
- Charles Ogletree: Greenville, North Carolina -- Tornado yachter (1996 Olympics - 8th Place).
- Dennis Vaske: Rockford -- NHL defenseman (NY Islanders).
- John Lovell: Baton Rouge, Louisiana -- Tornado yachter (1996 Olympics - 8th Place).
- Rob Selby: NFL guard (Arizona Cardinals).
- Sean Moynihan: Burlington, Vermont -- Actor (Powell-One Life to Live)
- Fabio De Luigi: Italian actor, dubber, imitator and baseball player, the great-grandson of poet, writer and screenwriter, Tonino Guerra.
- Gianmarco Tognazzi: Italian actor, noted family, son of actor ugo tognazzi & franca bettoja.
- Tazz : American professional wrestler and commentator
- Tony Chimel: American professional wrestling announcer
- Artie Lange: American actor producer and screenwriter
- Daniel Razon: Vice Presiding Minister, Church of God International
- David Starr: American race car driver
- World Series record 3 consecutive HRs (Carl Yastremski, Reggie Smith, and Rico Petrocelli) by Red Sox
- Yoko Plus Me art exhibit opens in London (the me is John Lennon)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- The Association - Never My Love
- Lulu - To Sir With Love
- Bill Cosby - Little Ole Man (Uptight-Everything's Alright)
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- Jackie Wilson - (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- The Young Rascals - How Can I Be Sure
- Brenton Wood - Gimme Little Sign
- Sam & Dave - Soul Man
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?