Tuesday 2 October 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
Gone Baby Gone, directed by Ben Affleck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Age of Turbulence by Alan Greenspan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 2007!
Which were the important events of 2 October 2007 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 October
- President Roh Moo-hyun of South Korea walks across the Military Demarcation Line into North Korea on his way to the second Inter-Korean Summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Il.
- 2007 Summer Special Olympics opens in Shanghai, China. (Wall Street Journal)
- Citigroup buys out minority shareholders of Japanese brokerage Nikko Cordial for $4.6 billion. (Reuters via CNBC)
- Five workers are trapped underground in an Xcel Energy hydroelectric plant near Georgetown, Colorado, United States due to a chemical fire. They are later found dead. (Fox News)
- At least 27 people are killed when a bus catches fire in Chongqing, southwest China. (News Limited)
- The Pakistani cabinet announces plans to drop all corruption charges against former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto.
- The President of Pakistan Pervez Musharraf appoints General Ashfaq Kiyani to succeed him as the head of the Pakistan Army after Saturday's election. (Washington Post)
- War in Iraq: The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Gordon Brown makes his first visit to Iraq, where he announces the withdrawal of 1,000 troops. (AP via Topix)
- War in Afghanistan: A suicide bomber blows himself up near a bus carrying policemen killing at least 11 in Kabul. (BBC)
- 2007 Burmese anti-government protests:
- United Nations special envoy Ibrahim Gambari meets with Burmese General Than Shwe to tell him to stop the killing of dissidents. (The Guardian)
- Gambari later meets with democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi with growing fear about the wellbeing of approximately 1000 dissidents held in a warehouse in the Government Technical Institute in Rangoon. (AFP, Reuters via The Melbourne Age)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?