Friday 20 October 1967
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to To Sir With Love by Lulu.
In UK Massachusetts by The Bee Gees was in the top 5 hits.
Wait Until Dark, directed by Terence Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Gabriel Hounds by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1967!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1967 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Harvey Pulliam: San Francisco, California -- Outfielder (Colorado Rockies).
- Susan Tulley: British actress (Michelle-EastEnders).
- Luigi Lo Cascio: Italian actor, winner of an award at the Venice Film Festival for the film "Light of My Eyes.
- Monica Ali: Bangladeshi-English author.
- Elizabeth Carling: English actress and singer.
- Luigi Cascio: Italian actor
- Luck Mervil: Haitian-Canadian singer-songwriter and actor
- Marco Ngai: Taiwanese actor
- Kerrod Walters: Australian rugby player
- Kevin Walters: Australian rugby player and coach
- Shigeru Yoshida: Japanese politician and diplomat 51st Prime Minister of Japan (d. 1967).
- 7 men are convicted of civil rights violations in Meridan, Mississippi
- All white federal jury convicts 7 in murder of 3 civil rights workers
- Charlie Finley names Bob Kennedy 1st manager of Oakland Athletics
- KMXN (now KJTV) TV channel 34 in Lubbock, TX (IND) begins broadcasting
- Seven men are convicted of civil rights violations in Meridian, Mississippi.
- A purported bigfoot is filmed by Patterson and Gimlin.
- Tens of thousands of Vietnam War protesters march in Washington, D.C.. Allen Ginsberg symbolically chants to 'levitate' The Pentagon.
- An Egyptian surface-to-surface missile sinks the Israeli destroyer ''Eilat'', killing 47 Israeli sailors. Israel retaliates by shelling Egyptian refineries along the Suez Canal.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lulu - To Sir With Love
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- The Association - Never My Love
- The Young Rascals - How Can I Be Sure
- Soul Survivors - Expressway (To Your Heart)
- Vikki Carr - It Must Be Him
- Sam & Dave - Soul Man
- Bill Cosby - Little Ole Man (Uptight-Everything's Alright)
- Brenton Wood - Gimme Little Sign
- Marvin Gaye - Your Precious Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?