Saturday 7 October 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to The Letter by The Box Tops.
In UK Massachusetts by The Bee Gees was in the top 5 hits.
Reflections in a Golden Eye, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while Night Falls On The City by Sarah Gainham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1967!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1967 ?
- Karim Achoui: French lawyer known for his involvement in several cases, which earned him the nickname "avocat des voyous" (the rogue lawyer) in the media.
- Mariana Perez-Roldan: Argentina -- Tennis star.
- Elisa Pasini: Italian mother who stabbed her 7-year-old daughter, Giulia, and killed herself on 5/17/2002, 5:00 PM; motive unknown.
- Toni Braxton: American singer.
- Luke Haines: English singer-songwriter and keyboard player (The Auteurs The Servants and Black Box Recorder).
- Ellen Damme: Dutch actress and singer
- Takahiro Izutani: Japanese Composer
- Janine Balding: Australian victim of kidnapping, gang rape and murder. Janine Balding was born in rural New South Wales where her father ran a joinery business and her mother was a home-maker. A blue-eyed blonde baby with a strong temperament, she was an active child and had to have elocution lessons because she was such a fast talker.
- Norman Angell: English journalist academic and politician Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1967).
- Beatles turn down $1 million New York concert offer by Sid Berstein
- Rolf Hochhuths Soldaten, premieres in West Berlin
- The Beatles turn down US$1 million New York concert offer by Sid Berstein.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- The Association - Never My Love
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- Bill Cosby - Little Ole Man (Uptight-Everything's Alright)
- Jackie Wilson - (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- Jay and the Techniques - Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
- The Young Rascals - How Can I Be Sure
- Brenton Wood - Gimme Little Sign
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?