Saturday 7 October 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mariana Perez-Roldan and Takahiro Izutani.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to The Letter by The Box Tops.
In UK Massachusetts by The Bee Gees was in the top 5 hits.
Reflections in a Golden Eye, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while Night Falls On The City by Sarah Gainham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der Vater und sein Sohn.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1967!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1967 ?
- Mariana Perez-Roldan: Argentina -- Tennis star.
- Takahiro Izutani: Japanese Composer.
- Karim Achoui: French lawyer known for his involvement in several cases, which earned him the nickname "avocat des voyous" (the rogue lawyer) in the media.
- Janine Balding: Australian victim of kidnapping, gang rape and murder.
- Elisa Pasini: Italian mother who stabbed her 7-year-old daughter, Giulia, and killed herself on 5/17/2002, 5:00 PM; motive unknown.
- Toni Braxton: American singer
- Luke Haines: English singer-songwriter and keyboard player (The Auteurs The Servants and Black Box Recorder)
- Ellen Damme: Dutch actress and singer
- Norman Angell: English journalist academic and politician Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1967).
- Beatles turn down $1 million New York concert offer by Sid Berstein
- Rolf Hochhuths Soldaten, premieres in West Berlin
- The Beatles turn down US$1 million New York concert offer by Sid Berstein.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 October 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- The Association - Never My Love
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- Bill Cosby - Little Ole Man (Uptight-Everything's Alright)
- Jackie Wilson - (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- Jay and the Techniques - Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
- The Young Rascals - How Can I Be Sure
- Brenton Wood - Gimme Little Sign
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?