Tuesday 2 September 1969
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Brettschneider in Cincinnati and Russell Freeman.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Honky Tonk Women by The Rolling Stones.
The Trouble with Girls, directed by Peter Tewksbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Hardy Boys.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1969!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1969 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Mark Brettschneider in Cincinnati: Ohio, USA; actor (Jason - One Life to Live).
- Russell Freeman: NFL tackle (Oakland Raiders).
- Shani Waugh: Bunbury, Australia -- LPGA golfer (Aust sub-jr champ-1986, 87).
- Cedric ''K-Ci'' Hailey: American singer.
- Stephane Matteau: French-Canadian ice hockey player.
- Stephen Peall: Zimbabwean cricketer
- Mark Brettschneider: American television actor, a star of the TV soap "One Life to Live" from 1991 to 1994.
- K-Ci : American singer-songwriter (K-Ci & JoJo)
- Stéphane Matteau: Canadian ice hockey player
- Dave Naz: American photographer and director
- Harry Williams Millard: Producer, dies of cancer at 41.
- New York Yankee Joe Pepitone is reinstated
- Ralph Houk signs 3-year contract to manage Yankees at $65,000 a season
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
- The Youngbloods - Get Together
- Jackie DeShannon - Put A Little Love In Your Heart
- Bob Dylan - Lay Lady Lay
- Three Dog Night - Easy To Be Hard
- Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed So Good)
- Tom Jones - I'll Never Fall In Love Again
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?