Friday 5 September 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Miller and Andrew Montgomery.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Honky Tonk Women by The Rolling Stones.
The Trouble with Girls, directed by Peter Tewksbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Hardy Boys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1969!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1969 ?
- Maurice Miller: CFL linebacker (Edmonton Eskimos).
- Andrew Montgomery: Scottish singer who is best known as a member of late '90s Aberdeen indie rock band Geneva.
- Dweezil Zappa: American guitarist, songwriter, musician and second child of rocker Frank Zappa.
- Leonardo Araújo: Brazilian footballer and manager.
- Mariko Kouda: Japanese voice actress singer and radio host.
- Frente Obrero wins Dutch Antilles national elections
- My Lai Massacre: U.S. Army Lt. William Calley is charged with six specifications of premeditated murder for the death of 109 Vietnamese civilians in My Lai.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 September 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
- The Youngbloods - Get Together
- Jackie DeShannon - Put A Little Love In Your Heart
- Bob Dylan - Lay Lady Lay
- Three Dog Night - Easy To Be Hard
- Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed So Good)
- Tom Jones - I'll Never Fall In Love Again
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?