Sunday 7 September 1969
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rudy Galindo and Jean-Benoît Dunckel.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Honky Tonk Women by The Rolling Stones.
In UK In The Year 2525 by Zager & Evans was in the top 5 hits.
The Trouble with Girls, directed by Peter Tewksbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Hardy Boys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1969!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1969 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Rudy Galindo: American figure skater, openly gay, he rose to prominence in 1996.
- Jean-Benoît Dunckel: French musician (electro), he studied mathematics and physics and taught in a college before founding the duo AIR with his friend Nicolas Gaudin, in 1995.
- Jimmy Urine: Rock Singer.
- Darren Bragg: Waterbury, Connecticut -- Outfielder (Seattle Mariners).
- Angie Everhart: American model and actress.
- Diane Farr: American actress and producer
- Everett McKinley Dirksen: (Sen-R), dies at 73.
- 83rd US Womens Tennis: Margaret Smith Court beats Nancy Richey (62 62)
- Rod Laver completes his 2nd grand slam winning US Tennis Open
- US amateur Womens Tennis: Margaret Court beat Virginia Wade (46 63 60)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 September 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
- The Youngbloods - Get Together
- Jackie DeShannon - Put A Little Love In Your Heart
- Bob Dylan - Lay Lady Lay
- Three Dog Night - Easy To Be Hard
- Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed So Good)
- Tom Jones - I'll Never Fall In Love Again
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?