Friday 26 September 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sugar, Sugar by The Archies.
In UK Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival was in the top 5 hits.
Astérix et Cléopâtre, directed by Ren Goscinny, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1969!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1969 ?
- Bobby Brantley: Reality Star.
- Anthony Kavanagh: French-Canadian comedian, actor and singer.
- Andy Petterson: Australian footballer and coach.
- David Slade: English director and producer.
- Holger Stanislawski: German footballer and manager.
- Paul Warhurst: English footballer and manager
- Beatles release Abbey Road album
- Bolivia military coup under general Ovando Candia
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Three Dog Night - Easy To Be Hard
- Bobby Sherman - Little Woman
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
- Oliver - Jean
- Tom Jones - I'll Never Fall In Love Again
- Sly & the Family Stone - Hot Fun In The Summertime
- The Dells - Oh, What A Night
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?