Monday 4 December 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dennis Wilson in Hawthorne and Francois Migault.
Murder, My Sweet, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1944!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1944 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- Dennis Wilson in Hawthorne: California, USA; drummer/vocalist (Beach Boys - "In My Room", "California Dreaming").
- Francois Migault: French racing driver.
- Anna McGarrigle: Canadian folk music singer/songwriter who wrote and performed as a duo with her sister, Kate McGarrigle, until Kate's death in 2010.
- Dennis Wilson: American musician, songwriter and drummer with "The Beach Boys," a top American group with the staying power to survive their clashes in the late '70s and keep on top with platinum sales.
- Chris Hillman: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Byrds The Hillmen The Flying Burrito Brothers and Manassas).
- François Migault: French race car driver (d. 2012)
- Roger Bresnahan: American baseball player and manager (d. 1944).
- Germans destroy Rhine dikes, flooding Betuwe.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Wish You Were Waiting For Me - Ginny Simms
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?