Monday 4 December 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Murder, My Sweet, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1944!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1944 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- Dennis Wilson: American musician, songwriter and drummer with "The Beach Boys," a top American group with the staying power to survive their clashes in the late '70s and keep on top with platinum sales.
- Dennis Wilson in Hawthorne: California, USA; drummer/vocalist (Beach Boys - "In My Room", "California Dreaming").
- Anna McGarrigle: Canadian folk music singer/songwriter who wrote and performed as a duo with her sister, Kate McGarrigle, until Kate's death in 2010.
- Chris Hillman: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Byrds The Hillmen The Flying Burrito Brothers and Manassas).
- François Migault: French race car driver (d. 2012).
- Francois Migault: French racing driver
- Roger Bresnahan: American baseball player and manager (d. 1944).
- Germans destroy Rhine dikes, flooding Betuwe.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Wish You Were Waiting For Me - Ginny Simms
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 December 1944 and get them!