Thursday 21 December 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jared Martin in New York City and Michael Tilson Thomas in Los Angeles.
The Keys of the Kingdom, directed by John M. Stahl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching The World in Your Home.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1944!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1944 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Jared Martin in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Varian - Fantastic Voyage, Dusty - Dallas).
- Michael Tilson Thomas in Los Angeles: California, USA; conductor (New York Philharmonic for Young People).
- Michael Thomas: American director and conductor of the Boston Symphony from the age of 26, who started playing piano by ear at the age of five, and became a pianist with the great orchestras, achieving assistant conductor status by age 25.
- Bill Atkinson: English footballer and referee (d. 2013).
- Zheng Xiaoyu: director of the State Food and Drug Administration of the People's Republic of China (Born 1944).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?