Tuesday 4 December 1962
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Gaasbeek and Stan Gelbaugh.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Big Girls Don't Cry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Return To Sender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Girls! Girls! Girls!, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Höhlenkinder.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1962!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1962 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- John Gaasbeek: Soccer player (FC Twente / NAC).
- Stan Gelbaugh: NFL quarterback (Seattle Seahawks).
- Arnold Scholten: soccer player (Feyenoord).
- Florence Burgat: French philosopher, director of research at INRA (National Institute of Agronomic Research: a French public research institute dedicated to scientific studies concerning agriculture).
- Nixon Kiprotich: Kenyan runner.
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 December 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Marcie Blane - Bobby's Girl
- The Orlons - Don't Hang Up
- Dee Dee Sharp - Ride
- The Tijuana Brass - The Lonely Bull (El Solo Torro)
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Brenda Lee - All Alone Am I
- Esther Phillips Little Esther - Release Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?