Saturday 16 December 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Keys of the Kingdom, directed by John M. Stahl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1944!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1944 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Frank Waxman: American Osteopath with an expensive practice and an elegant condominium in West Hollywood.
- Jeff Kanew: American director and screenwriter.
- Don Meyer: American basketball player and coach (d. 2014).
- Don Meyer Basketball coach Northern State: Lipscomb, and Hamline.
- John Abercrombie: Rocker.
- Betsie ten Boom: sister of Corrie ten Boom and Holocaust victim (Born 1885).
- Battle of Bulge begins in Belgium
- German V-2 strikes Antwerp bioscope (638 kill)
- US 2nd Infantry division occupies "Heartbreak Crossroads" Wahlerscheid.
- (0530 hours) Adolf Hitler launches Operation Autumn Mist (Herbstnebel). A short (30 minutes) artillery burst commences prior to troop movement. A German force of 20-22 divisions attacks along a 60-mile front from Monschau to Echternach through the Ardennes, in a surprise attack on the west. 200,000 German tank and infantry troops take part in the offensive versus 83,000 along the American line.
- General George C. Marshall becomes the first Five-Star General.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?