Sunday 4 December 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Charido and David Green.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Are You Lonesome To-Night? by Elvis Presley.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Swiss Family Robinson, directed by Ken Annakin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Cheaters.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1960!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1960 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- David Charido: American homicide victim, killed along with his mother on 10/26/1991 by his father.
- David Green: Nicaraguan-American baseball player.
- Glynis Nunn: Australian heptathlete and hurler.
- The admission of Mauritania to the United Nations vetoed by the Soviet Union for inscrutable reasons.
- Pierre Lagaillarde, who led the insurrections in 1958 and 1960 in Algeria, fails to appear in court in Paris, France. He had reportedly fled with his four fellow defendants to Spain en route to return to Algeria.
- ''Boynton v. Virginia'': The Supreme Court declares that segregation in public transportation is illegal in the United States.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs - Stay
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- U.S. Bonds - New Orleans
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Jackie Wilson - Alone At Last
- Hank Ballard and the Midnighters - Let's Go, Let's Go, Let's Go
- Ray Charles - Georgia On My Mind
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?