Monday 4 March 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Amarilly of Clothes-Line Alley, directed by Marshall A. Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1918!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1918 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Dwayne Andreas: American accountant, administrator and operations CEO of Archer Daniels Midland for 20 years.
- Kurt Dahlmann: German pilot lawyer and journalist.
- Margaret duPont: American tennis player (d. 2012).
- Margaret Osborne DuPont: Joseph, Oregon -- Tennis pro (US Open 1948-50).
- Terek Autonomous Republic established in RSFSR (until 1921).
- The first case of Spanish flu occurs, the start of a devastating worldwide pandemic.
- The USS Cyclops (AC-4) departs from Barbados and is never seen again, presumably lost with all hands in the Bermuda Triangle.
- A soldier at Camp Fuston, Kansas falls sick with the first confirmed case of the Spanish flu.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Hail! Hail! The Gang's All Here - Irving Kaufman
- Calling Me Home to You - Oscar Seagle
- A Midsummer Night's Dream - Scherzo - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Thomas Chalmers
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1918?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?