Monday 4 March 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Margaret Osborne DuPont and Dwayne Andreas.
Amarilly of Clothes-Line Alley, directed by Marshall A. Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1918!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1918 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Margaret Osborne DuPont: Joseph, Oregon -- Tennis pro (US Open 1948-50).
- Dwayne Andreas: American accountant, administrator and operations CEO of Archer Daniels Midland for 20 years.
- Kurt Dahlmann: German pilot lawyer and journalist.
- Margaret duPont: American tennis player (d. 2012).
- Terek Autonomous Republic established in RSFSR (until 1921).
- The first case of Spanish flu occurs, the start of a devastating worldwide pandemic.
- The USS Cyclops (AC-4) departs from Barbados and is never seen again, presumably lost with all hands in the Bermuda Triangle.
- A soldier at Camp Fuston, Kansas falls sick with the first confirmed case of the Spanish flu.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Hail! Hail! The Gang's All Here - Irving Kaufman
- Calling Me Home to You - Oscar Seagle
- A Midsummer Night's Dream - Scherzo - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Thomas Chalmers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?