Monday 4 March 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Amarilly of Clothes-Line Alley, directed by Marshall A. Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1918!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1918 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Margaret Osborne DuPont: Joseph, Oregon -- Tennis pro (US Open 1948-50).
- Dwayne Andreas: American accountant, administrator and operations CEO of Archer Daniels Midland for 20 years.
- Kurt Dahlmann: German pilot lawyer and journalist.
- Margaret duPont: American tennis player (d. 2012).
- Terek Autonomous Republic established in RSFSR (until 1921).
- The first case of Spanish flu occurs, the start of a devastating worldwide pandemic.
- The USS Cyclops (AC-4) departs from Barbados and is never seen again, presumably lost with all hands in the Bermuda Triangle.
- A soldier at Camp Fuston, Kansas falls sick with the first confirmed case of the Spanish flu.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Hail! Hail! The Gang's All Here - Irving Kaufman
- Calling Me Home to You - Oscar Seagle
- A Midsummer Night's Dream - Scherzo - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Thomas Chalmers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?