Wednesday 4 August 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Carr and Rodney Stuart.
Heaven Can Wait, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1943 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- David Carr: Rock keyboardist (Fortunes Leyton, London).
- Rodney Stuart: Pattison; British yachtsman (Olympics-gold-1968).
- Michael J McCulley in San Diego: California, USA; Commander US Navy/astronaut (STS-34).
- Tina Cole in Hollywood: California, USA; singer (King Cousins), actress (Katie - My Three Sons).
- Vicente Alberto Alvarez Areces: Spanish politician.
- Bj?rn Wirkola: Norwegian ski jumper
- Laura Biagiotti: Italian designer, awarded the Woman of the Year award in 1992 and recipient of other awards from her native Italy. She has expressed criticism of some of the new styles of the late '90s.
- Tina Cole: American actress and singer, she is a member of the King Family Singers. She played a supporting role in "My Three Sons," a popular TV series in the late '50s and early '60s. She is the mother of four children, one from her first husband Volney Howard III to whom she was married from September 1965 to March 1979 when their divorce became final, and three from her second marriage to Fillmore Crank, Jr., whom she married on January 5, 1980.
- Georgina Hale: British actress of stage, film and TV, often cast in loud, abrasive roles. She started as a hairdresser before training with the Royal Shakespeare Company. Severe stage fright kept her out of the theatres for nine years before being discovered by Ken Russell who cast her as a film star in "The Devils." 1971. Highly regarded as a professional though said to be disliked by her colleagues, Hale won a Best Comedy Performance for her role as Josie on stage in "Steaming."
- Vicente Areces: Spanish politician 6th President of the Principality of Asturias
- Barbara Saß-Viehweger: German politician lawyer and civil law notary
- Bjørn Wirkola: Norwegian ski jumper and footballer
- British Premier Churchill travels on the Queen Mary to Canada
- Russian units reach suburbs of Orel
- USAF bombs Germans in Troina
- WWII: The ''USS Intrepid (CV-11)'' is launched.
- WWII: John F. Kennedy and crew are found by Solomon Islanders coastwatchers Biuku Gasa and Eroni Kumana with their dugout canoe.
- Women's Air Force Service Pilots (WASP) formed consolidating the WAFS and WFTD.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?