Wednesday 4 August 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Heaven Can Wait, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1943 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Laura Biagiotti: Italian designer, awarded the Woman of the Year award in 1992 and recipient of other awards from her native Italy.
- Rodney Stuart: Pattison; British yachtsman (Olympics-gold-1968).
- Michael J McCulley in San Diego: California, USA; Commander US Navy/astronaut (STS-34).
- Tina Cole: American actress and singer, she is a member of the King Family Singers.
- Georgina Hale: British actress of stage, film and TV, often cast in loud, abrasive roles.
- Tina Cole in Hollywood: California, USA; singer (King Cousins), actress (Katie - My Three Sons).
- David Carr: Rock keyboardist (Fortunes Leyton, London)
- Vicente Areces: Spanish politician 6th President of the Principality of Asturias
- Barbara Saß-Viehweger: German politician lawyer and civil law notary
- Bjørn Wirkola: Norwegian ski jumper and footballer
- Vicente Alberto Alvarez Areces: Spanish politician
- Bj?rn Wirkola: Norwegian ski jumper
- British Premier Churchill travels on the Queen Mary to Canada
- Russian units reach suburbs of Orel
- USAF bombs Germans in Troina
- WWII: The ''USS Intrepid (CV-11)'' is launched.
- WWII: John F. Kennedy and crew are found by Solomon Islanders coastwatchers Biuku Gasa and Eroni Kumana with their dugout canoe.
- Women's Air Force Service Pilots (WASP) formed consolidating the WAFS and WFTD.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 August 1943 and get them!