Wednesday 11 August 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Phantom of the Opera, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1943 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Jim Kale: Canadian bass player (The Guess Who).
- Pervez Musharraf: Pakistani general and politician 10th President of Pakistan.
- Denis Payton: English saxophonist (The Dave Clark Five) (d. 2006).
- James Kale: Rocker (Guess Who).
- Kenny Gamble: US songwriter (Me & Mrs Jones).
- Krzysztof Meyer: Composer
- Abigail Folger: American noted family, the heiress to the Folger Coffee fortune and a debutante, formally introduced into polite society 2/21/1961. She was educated at the Catalina School for Girls in Carmel, CA, at Radcliffe College, and with some graduate work at Harvard. After working at U.C. Berkeley LA Art Museum in 1967, she moved to Los Angeles in 1968 where she worked as a volunteer
- Stefania Toczyska: Polish mezzo-soprano
- Red Army recaptures Tchukujev, at Kharkov
- US amphibians land at Brolo on north coast of Sicily
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?