Saturday 14 August 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Seventh Victim, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1943 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Jon A McBride in Charleston: West Virginia, USA; Captain US Navy/astronaut (STS 41G).
- Alfred Corn: American poet and essayist.
- Herman Van Springel: Belgium sport Champion.
- Ronnie Campbell: English miner and politician.
- Jon Andrew McBride: Charleston, West Virginia -- Captain US Navy / Astronaut (STS 41G).
- Keith Hampson: MP
- Ronald Campbell: MP
- Heidi Treier: German group therapist and professional astrologer, an active member of Deutscher Astrologenverband/DAV since 1974. She is the advocate of a progressive, unorthodox, psychological and experimental astrology as creative self-experience in group dynamics and aims for the integration of music, dance and art. She is married to economist and financial astrologer Ralph Treier.
- 1st allied air raid on Borneo
- US 45th Division occupies Falcone 40 km outside of Messina
- The Quadrant Conference begins in Quebec City Canadian Prime Minister MacKenzie King meets with Winston Churchill and Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?