Saturday 6 August 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carry Tefsen and Peter Bonerz in Portsmouth.
Four Daughters, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Telecrime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1938!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1938 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Carry Tefsen: Dutch actress (Say A).
- Peter Bonerz in Portsmouth: New Hampshire, USA; actor (Jerry - Bob Newhart Show, 9 to 5).
- Tone Vigeland: Norwegian silversmith and jewellery artist.
- Paul Bartel: Brooklyn, New York -- Director / actor (Eating Raoul).
- Peter Bonerz: American actor and director.
- Warner Oland: Actor (Werewolf of London, Jazz Singer), dies at 57.
- The Looney Tunes animated short ''Porky amp Daffy'' is released.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 August 1938
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?