Saturday 6 August 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Four Daughters, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1938!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1938 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Paul Bartel: Brooklyn, New York -- Director / actor (Eating Raoul).
- Peter Bonerz: American actor and director.
- Carry Tefsen: Dutch actress (Say A).
- Peter Bonerz in Portsmouth: New Hampshire, USA; actor (Jerry - Bob Newhart Show, 9 to 5).
- Tone Vigeland: Norwegian silversmith and jewellery artist.
- Warner Oland: Actor (Werewolf of London, Jazz Singer), dies at 57.
- The Looney Tunes animated short ''Porky amp Daffy'' is released.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?