Friday 5 August 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Four Daughters, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1938!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1938 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Ja'net Dubois in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; actress (Willona - Good Times).
- Jean-Pierre Michel: French politician, a member of the Senate of France, representing the Haute-Saône department from 2004 to 2014.
- Hayes Wendell Jones: Sturksville, Michigan -- 110m hurdler (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Jacques Roseau: French political activist, a member of the Organisation de l'armée secrète (OAS) ["Organisation of the Secret Army"], a short-lived French dissident far-right paramilitary organisation during the Algerian War (1954–62).
- 33rd Davis Cup: USA beats Australia in Philadelphia (3-2)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?