Friday 19 August 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
You Can't Take It with You, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1938!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1938 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Joe Frank: American radio host.
- Diana Muldaur: NYC, New York -- Actress (McCloud, Star Trek Next Gen, LA Law).
- Wilson Goode: American politician, elected the first black Mayor of Philadelphia inheriting the problems of city management and growth.
- Valentin Mankin: USSR -- Finn class yachtsman (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 August 1938 and get them!